Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cleaning Up Tips-the Sponge

Nobody likes to clean dishes in the woods, but unless you are willing to eat out of a plastic bag, it is unavoidable. A sponge can make a big deference. You don’t however need to carry a full size sponge. A small one will do the job just as well.

What I did was take a regular sponge with a harder abrading surface on one side.


I then cut it in half, and again in half.


For a while, I carried one of the small pieces. What I noticed however, was that I never used the soft part of the sponge, and that the soft part made the sponge hard to dry, causing it to mold.

Eventually, I pulled the two sections of the sponge apart, and kept only the hard abrasive part.


Or, if you are smarter than I am, you can buy just an abrasive pad, and cut it down to the size you want.