Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Forums and Other General Updates

Some of you may have noticed that I have not been posting on some forums which I used to frequent not too long ago. Because of questions I have been getting about that, I wanted to clear up some of the confusion.

Bushcraft USA-I used to be a fairly active member on the forum. Unfortunately I was banned from the forum a number of months ago. Don’t ask me why, I have no idea, nor was I ever given a reason. Even worse, Bushcraft USA refuses to remove my profile, or indicate that I have been banned despite my numerous requests. This is something they started doing a while back so as not to get too many questions about why people mysteriously get banned. They simply lock out your account without showing that you are banned.

This, as intended has created a lot of confusion. I see that people ask questions in some of my threads there, thinking that I am still a member, but I want to assure you that the reason why I have not answered you, either publically or privately, is that I don’t have the ability to do so. If you have a question, please email me or ask it on the blog.

Blade Forums-Similarly, I used to be fairly active on Blade Forums. Unfortunately, the security settings on my computer where I get most of my access for some reason block the website. I could get around it, but it’s too much work, and just kills the fun for me. It is a great forum, and my recent lack of participation there is simply due to technical difficulties.

On a positive note, these days you can see my posts on another, fairly new forum, Blades and Bushcraft. So far I have found it to be an excellent forum. I am also a member of Bushcraft Finland (look for the international section), which I find to have very interesting and unique content. 

Also on a positive note, Wood Trekker seems to have just hit 200 followers/members. I want to thank all of you who continue to support my blog, and read my posts. I can always count on intelligent and informed feedback from you guys, and those interactions have made the blog writing process greatly more enjoyable. If you ever have any questions or topics you would like me to cover, please let me know, and I’ll do my best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment