Thursday, May 30, 2013

Trip Report: Cook Forest State Park, PA 5/25/13 – 5/27/13

This past weekend my girlfriend and I went to an early 1900s lodge in Cook Forest State Park, near the Clarion River. While being in the woods is not her idea of a good time, she picked this particular vacation because she knows I like it. As it turned out, this area seems to have quite a few old cabins where people stay.

015

It wasn’t the type of trip where we would do any serious travel through the woods. We mostly hung out in the area and by the river.

168

157

We lucked out with the weather. While I understand it was raining in NY, we had sunshine the whole weekend. I took some pictures along the river for you guys.

123

209

216

213

187

225

It was good to spend some time in the woods without any particular goal in mind and without returning exhausted.

154

Anyway, that’s it. Not one of the usual trip reports, but it was a good bit of fun in the woods, so I figured I would share it with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment