Dude You’re Screwed! is the newest survival show from the Discovery Channel. Stupid name, I know. We’ll see how the show actually turns out.
The show is based around five survival experts. Here are the credentials provided by the Discovery Channel:
- Terry Schappert, a Green Beret, A -Team leader, medic, sniper and close combat specialist
- John Hudson, an Extreme Survival Instructor for the UK Royal Air Force
- Matt Graham, a primitive skills expert and a desert survival instructor
- Jake Zweig, a former Navy SEAL, certified in Surface Warfare & as a dive safety officer and helicast master
- Tom Moore, a veteran Army Scout, bush craft master and wilderness guide
Each episode one of them will be dropped in a remote area of the wilderness without being told ahead of time where that will be. He then has 100 hours to make his way out. The other four experts will do some backseat driving, watching the progress on a television set, and commenting along the way. From the description, the show gives me a Bear Grylls vibe, which is not a good thing, but I’ll watch and see how it turns out.
The show airs this Sunday, December 8, 2013 at 10PM on the Discovery Channel right after the Naked and Afraid two hour premier.