Friday, November 4, 2011

My Favorite Bushcraft and Backpacking Blogs

Here I’ve put together a list of the blogs that find myself visiting most often. They are not necessarily the “best” blogs out there, but for one reason or another, I end up reading them more often than the others. The reasons I like them vary from high amount of content, to provocative posts, to simply the fact that I respect the opinion of those writers, or a combination of all those factors.

You will notice that my list contains a good amount of lightweight backpacking blogs. I have separated the different kinds of blogs into categories for those who are offended by one approach or the other, but I strongly believe that there is a lot to learn from all the different approaches, if we could just stop being such “purists” for a minute or two.

Bushcraft

American Bushman
American Grouch
Perkele’s Blog
Ranging, Pathfinding, Bushcraft & Survival Notes
The Sharpened Axe
Woods Roamer
Woodsrunner’s Diary

Lightweight Backpacking 

Backpacking North
Brian’s Backpacking and Hiking Blog
Chris Townsend Outdoors
Hiking in Finland
Lightweight and Ultralightweight Backpacking
Section Hiker

Gear

Adventures in Stoving
Woods Monkey

In the end, these are just sites that I like. I’m sure you have a different list. If you look at the websites list on the right hand side of my blog, you will find even more blogs. I believe they are all good and provide good information. Some of them are no longer active, but still contain a wealth of knowledge. The above list is my selection from them. If you have any good blogs in mind, please let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment