Wednesday, November 2, 2011

White Gas Stove Basics

I’ve used a number of different stoves over the years, but for some reason I always end up going back to my MSR Whisperlite International. The main reason is probably that the performance is so uncompromising. It will work under any conditions, and it will work fast.

Unfortunately, white gas stoves are not the easiest to operate. Many people have problems with them, or are simply scared away by talk of exploding stoves and volatile fuels. These stoves have been around for decades and have proven quite successful, so I strongly believe that they are safe and can be used by just about anyone. In this video I attempt to go over some of the basic procedures that will make operating the stove easier and more pleasant.

For more information check out some of my old posts: How to Light and Operate a White Gas Stove and Backpacking Stoves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment